Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Snow Pictures

Well, Snowpocalypse 2014 has come and gone, and the Polar Vortex is now a distant memory for most, so it seemed like the perfect time for me to post all of these snow pictures I've had sitting on my computer since January. If you know me in real life then you know this is just about par for the course, because I'm late for e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

Anyways. This winter was Boston's first one, and there was plenty of snow for her to play in. She loved it. I, on the other hand, hate snow, so Robby was the one who took her out to play in it and I would mainly come out to take pictures and then retreat to the warm fire.

She was pretty hesitant at first. She did a lot of shaking and trying to get the cold stuff off of her coat. 

Then, she found her favorite stick half buried in the snow, and she realized it was actually pretty fun to dig around in!

She came up with a white nose and face on more than one occasion. 


She doesn't usually stand still long enough for any type of picture, so I took advantage of the times that she paused to try to figure out what was going on.




 This is probably one of my favorite sets of pictures of Boston.


And of course, the snow was made even better by the fact that there weren't many cars on the road and she could run free without a leash. So when she spotted her daddy's truck she took off.




This puppy loves everyone, but her daddy is her favorite person of all time.


This one is not in focus at all, but it does show her hilarious personality. She is 100 miles and hour all the time.


While we were outside, I tried to exercise my photography skills and get a shot of a snowflake using my macro lens. It is definitely harder than it looks!! This was the best picture I got in an hour of trying, but you can still see some of the individual flakes. God is so cool. 


 And finally, my favorite part of snow days: snuggling with lots of blankets and a warm fire.


We have a hatch door that leads outside where you can load in firewood. Robby keeps us loaded down during the colder months.


Even though he's the firewood stacker, I am the fire builder. To be honest it's just because I'm a little more patient and I don't let it die as quickly. It's a job I take seriously. Just look at that fire burn!


It's a rough life for a dog these days. Playing in the snow really wears Boston out! Haha.

Since it's already spring I guess this is the last we will see of those kinds of temperatures until next year. Thankfully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment