Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm Not Dead!

You guys may have noticed I've been absent here for a while. Well, I've been toying with the idea of starting another blog. This one is mainly personal and I use it for my family to keep up with us since they live all over the place. But I've been thinking about making another blog where I can just post random projects and crafty stuff and show off what I've been working on around our house.

So, I started another blog (technically) and then I started looking into designing it how I wanted to and I got frustrated and quit. How's that for honesty? But I didn't quit completely. I actually found a template that I like, but it's not exactly how I want it to look. So...I've been learning HTML and CSS to try to figure out what kinks I want to get rid of in the code.

This is actually my first shot at working with html from scratch. This very post was handwritten by me in html. At this point, you are probably looking around for some remarkable sign that something is different. And you probably won't find anything. If anything, this post probably looks more plain-jane than any post I've ever done. I'm learning the basics, y'all. I didn't say I've mastered it! Haha. But seriously, it's slow-going. And headache-inducing. There are millions upon bajillions of lines of computer information that goes into one itty-bitty webpage. It's really super easy to miss a little < or " here and there, and believe me, that will throw everything off! And honestly, I'm not even 100% sure that I'm doing this right! (Which is why I'm copying and pasting this into a word document in case I messed something up and you guys can't read any of this. ;)

Anyways...I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not dead. In fact I'm working my fingers off over here trying to learn how to make my little corner of the internet a little more snazzy. So, don't expect anything big yet, but one day you just might stop by and you will be all...WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?! THIS PLACE IS AWESOME! And I'll be all...yeah, no big deal...just learned how to code. On my own.

Then again, there's the distinct possibility that this project will be like all the other ones I take on. If you haven't been reading long I'll give you a hint...our house is full of unfinished projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment