Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Boston

I just realized it's been over a week since I've written anything here. Time flies! I have decided that getting a puppy is a lot like getting a baby. With a lot of obvious differences of course.

Before I get into all that, I should introduce you to our puppy officially. We named her Boston (because my husband is a Red Sox fanatic, not because of the marathon bombings). Our best friends went with us to pick her up and they fell in love with her sister. They brought their puppy home that same day and named her Summit (for Pat Summit because they are big UT fans). Unlike her sister, Boston is really chill. She doesn't howl or bark all night, she doesn't bite everyone or act aggressive, and she likes loves to cuddle. She is learning how to pee on a puppy pad and how to sit on command. She's doing good at both thankfully. 

But, I've also decided that having a puppy is a lot like having a baby. You have to get up earlier because a puppy's bladder is small and you can't expect them to hold it from 10 pm until 8:30 the next morning when you normally wake up. You clean up a lot of pee and poop. Everywhere. All the time. Even though Boston is pretty good about holding it and she's learning to use a puppy pad while she is inside, there are a lot of accidents.

The good news is that my husband is normally highly allergic to dogs and cats. But Boston's been inside for over a week now and he's doing great! We went to his parent's house last night and he got really sick after being there with their dog for an hour, which I thought was really funny because he has no problems at home. I'm hoping that it will last and that it's not just because Boston's so small.









No comments:

Post a Comment