Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday


It's been way too long since I've done a Thankful Thursday post, and since it's Easter week I figured now is a great time. In pictures, here are some of my top thankful things this week.

1. Prickles. Was there ever a doubt in anyone's mind that I love this stinking hedgehog? Just look through any post ever, or any picture on my phone. Odds are she's in there somewhere.

2. The thought that spring might be on its way. Possibly. And even if it's not, sunrise shots always make me think of the verse from Lamentations 3:

21 This I recall to my mind,
Therefore I have hope.
22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.


3. My new door! This might seem silly to some, but our door has been redneck-ified since the day we moved in over 2 years ago. We had this huge metal security door that was all rusty and didn't close right, so we took it down and we FINALLY got a new one put up. It was my christmas present from the in-laws that I can enjoy just in time for the warmer weather. Seriously, I've never been so in love with an inanimate object!

5. I'm thankful for my family. I hate that I live 9 or more hours away, and I sure am missing them like crazy this week. Especially my beautiful mom :)  We are all nuts but we love each other and we always have fun. As evidenced by this lovely outtake from my wedding pictures. I had no idea the photographer was snapping away while I fixed my dress, or that my brother was back there pretending to lick me. It makes me smile every time.

(for those of you who don't know me in real life, those are all my brothers)
Left: My mom 
Right: my brother & my dad

And, it wouldn't be Easter weekend without all of the grace that has been poured out for me in the first place. So, today, I'm taking a moment to remember what happened all those years ago today....where Jesus was arrested, beaten, humiliated, and put on trial for me. I'm taking a moment to be thankful for His obedience even to the point of death for a sinner who will never deserve that kind of love. I'm choosing today to look at this life, even all of the hard stuff and the sad stuff and the bad stuff, as a gift. Because it's only because of His grace and mercy that I'm breathing, that I am loved, and that I'm free to worship Him for what He's done for me. I'm saying this for myself more than anything: Don't let this Easter be about the egg hunts or the baskets or the candy or the presents. Let it be about the gift of life that was given through one Man's death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment