Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Weekend Was CRAZY

It's been a while since I've posted about anything not foster care related, so today is just a post about some crazy weekend stuff.

It started on Saturday night when we went over to a friend's house to watch the UFC fights. We had a great time and it was all pretty uneventful. We got home about midnight and went to bed. Then I woke up at 3:30am to a screaming husband. And when I say screaming, I'm talking SCREAMING. There was no warning, just peaceful sleep and then apparently he had searing pain.

He kept yelling in pain, and it took me forever to figure out what the problem was. He was running back and forth to the bathroom trying to throw up from the pain but he couldn't. Finally I figured out it was pain coming from his right side, right around where his appendix is. After about five minutes of him repeating over and over "I'm so scared I think I might be dying" I decided he wasn't faking and it was time to go to the ER.

We got there and they listened to him moaning and screaming in the waiting room for about half an hour and then moved us up on the waiting list as a priority. (I think he was scaring all the little kids that were there with the flu at 4:00am). Once they got us back in a room and got an IV started with some pain medicine, he was able to calm down enough from all the thrashing around that the doctor could look at him. She ordered a CT scan and we found out that he had a wicked kidney stone slowly working its way out.

I think at that point we both breathed a sigh of relief because I was convinced they were going to have to do emergency surgery for his appendix. Thankfully we got off easy with just an ER copay and a prescription for some pain meds. After spending the entire night there, we got home at 7:00am and he passed the stone no problem.

We spent most of the day Sunday trying to add to the 2 hours of sleep we were running on. It was exciting but I decided I'd rather not do it again.

The rest of the weekend consisted of me doing a ton of yard work. As I was raking the leaves out of a very neglected flowerbed I found a pile of straw. I thought that was weird since we don't have straw in our yard anywhere, so I raked it up and as I got deeper I started finding fur. I realized it was a bunny nest with tiny babies in it!

You can't see them very well in the picture, it's mostly ears and feet everywhere, but I didn't want to disturb them anymore than I already had. I'm just hoping that I didn't mess the nest up so badly that the mom decides to abandon it. I don't know how in the world you would raise orphaned rabbits. Anyways...that's all of our weekend craziness.



I'll leave you with a random hedgehog picture: (this is how she cuddles with me- inside the hood of my jacket)


And my favorite quote from the Hubs while he was in pain at the hospital;
"IF THIS IS HOW BAD IT HURTS TO HAVE KIDS I WILL NEVER PUT YOU THROUGH THAT!! WE CAN JUST ADOPT!!"

Haha thanks babe.



No comments:

Post a Comment