Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Randomness

Today is Hope's first visit with her mom. We were working so hard to get rid of the scratches on her face from her little fingernails, and her diaper rash was finally gone. Then, as I was getting her dressed this morning, my wedding ring scratched her face.

So after all of that work, she left with the biggest angry looking scratch ever across her cheek. It didn't hurt her and she didn't cry, so I'm hoping it will go away enough that mom won't notice. Yeah right.


In other news, if you have a newborn, get a Fisher-Price Rock-n-Play sleeper. I mentioned to a friend (who just happens to be a pediatric nurse) that she has lots of trouble sleeping, and she told us to get one. Apparently her doctor tells every new parent to just pick one up on their way home from the hospital. I'm not even kidding, it made a world of difference. It lets them sleep at an angle instead of flat on their backs, and if they start moving around it kind of rocks them back to sleep. Amazing. I think I got 7 hours of sleep last night. Which is amazing compared to the 3 hours I got the night before!

I'm not in any way affiliated with Fisher Price, and I wasn't given any perks to say any of that stuff. Fisher Price doesn't know I exist. Although it would have been nice because those suckers are expensive! Just letting y'all know how cool it was because it actually did work miracles in our house last night.


Lastly, we get to meet Hope's sister tonight! She's coming to hang out with us for a couple of hours while her parents are at church. Originally the plan was to meet her and let her get to know us so that the transition to our house will be smooth and easy, but since then we have determined that there is no way we can handle both kids at once. So, unless there is some kind of miracle epiphany tonight where God makes it very clear that we are supposed to take this child too, this is just going to be a fun night where she can hang out with us and her sister. Even though they have no clue they are sisters. .

No comments:

Post a Comment