Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesdays Unwrapped: That's What Grace is For

It's Tuesday again, which means it's time to celebrate the beauty that sometimes gets shoved aside and buried in the busy and stressful stuff going on. 

Today, I woke up late. Not just a little late, a LOT late. As I was walking out the door, I realized today is the Christmas lunch at work where everyone is supposed to bring something. I signed up for macaroni and cheese and promptly forgot all about it! So, at the time I normally sit down at my desk and gear up for the day, I turned around and frantically started throwing ingredients in the crock pot.

Tonight is supposed to be our last homestudy visit before we are approved to be Foster Parents. I have been cleaning and getting ready for days now. The floor has been swept so often that I think I'm wearing out the hardwood. 

Then, this morning's fiasco happened. 

Now, the sink is full of dirty dishes.

There are half wrapped presents all over the dining room.

There is a basket of unfolded and wrinkly clothes in the middle of the living room floor.

There are art projects all over the kitchen table.


And yet, I'm here to celebrate the beauty of not having it all together. Thankfully, our social worker is very gracious, and she doesn't go around the house with a white glove. It is probably only my pride that will take a hit. My pride so often compels me to make others think I have everything under control, and that I can always do things by myself. 

I think sometimes God orchestrates these moments for me to realize 
that I DON'T have it all together, 
but that's what grace is for. 

Counter clockwise: Our skinny little christmas tree with its beautiful homemade ornaments, my creme brulee dessert for my birthday dinner, the hubs and me at his company Christmas party, and sweet little Prickles (sorry for the blurry iphone shots)






No comments:

Post a Comment