Monday, November 5, 2012

National Adoption Month







 November is National Adoption Month!


My husband and I don't have any kids, but that's all going to change soon. 

This is an announcement I was keeping to myself just in case something happened and we didn't get approved,

but we are going to be foster parents!!
(now that the cat is out of the bag, there will be more posts coming that explain how we got to this decision, our timeline, and our process of getting ready.)


We have never adopted, but we would like to some day. 
Since we are about to be thrust into the middle of the world of adoption, reunification, birth-mothers, grief, and healing, I thought it would be an appropriate time to do a post in honor of National Adoption Month.


Adoption is something that has always been part of my heart. When I was younger, I begged my parents for years and years to consider adoption. They considered it for a while, but it never happened for our family.

While we aren't quite ready to adopt just yet, you might be in a different place. 

Or, you might be like us, and considering how God is calling you specifically to help the orphan. 


Did you know He calls us all to orphan care?

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Some people are called to pray.
Some are called to go.
Some are called to give. 
(either their time or their money, or both)
Some are called to adopt.

What's your calling?


No comments:

Post a Comment