Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Memorial Box Monday

Forgive me friends, I know it's Tuesday, but I was reminded in church on Sunday as God's children, we are supposed to remember what He has done for us. Not only are we to remember what he has done for us, we are to share our stories of His faithfulness with others.

A few months ago we ended up having to have some major plumbing work done underneath of our house. While the plumbers were already there and running up the tab for us, we decided to have a new disposal installed in our kitchen sink.

Fast forward a few months, and last night when we were washing dishes, I noticed that there was a large pile of water underneath the kitchen sink that was overflowing onto our floor. It seems that there was a small leak of water coming from the ring around where the disposal met the plumbing under our sink.

I just about worried myself sick today trying to think of how in the world we could get this fixed. It looked like something I could fix myself, but on the other hand, I didn't want to mess it up even worse than it already was. I knew we didn't have the money to hire a professional to come back out and fix it for us.

To make a long story short, I ended up calling the plumber that installed the disposal originally. When I spoke with him on the phone, it seemed that he was going to have a small charge just for coming out to look at the problem. Anything he had to fix would probably cost us extra.

I knew the problem was probably the plumbers fault originally, because it looked like the disposal was installed a little bit crooked. However, I also knew that we couldn't afford another plumbing bill. So I started praying that God would grant us favor in the eyes of the plumber, that he would notice that the problem was something he had caused originally, and that we wouldn't be charged for it.

And guess what? God is always faithful. Our sink is fixed, and we didn't have to pay a dime to get it fixed. Not only that, the plumber offered to come back out free of charge if we ever had another leak related to that same problem! Today I'm thankful for a God who knows our needs, even before we ask. He delights in taking care of his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment