Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday Snapshot: Baby Blues


This weekend I had the privilege of taking pictures for my friend's little girl. I was there the day this little sweetheart was born, and it almost makes me feel old that she is turning 2 already!! I honestly love so many of these photos that it was hard for me to pick a favorite.

I love everything about this picture. I love the mystery of not being able to see her face, I love how she is almost on tiptoe on one foot, I love that her shoes are ladybugs, and I LOVE the light streaming in through the slats in the bridge.

I'm horrible at remembering settings, so I have no idea what my shutter speed was. I just set my ISO and put my camera on aperture priority and let the camera pick the shutter speeds.

ISO: 200, 50mm, f/3.5




 This was probably one of my favorite shots of the whole day. I love how the focus is on the bow, but you can still see her giggling. She had just pulled her dress up over her head in true little girl fashion.



She was looking for ducks in the creek under the bridge in the picture below, and I think I surprised her when I popped out with my camera!



This little one sure is cute. You wouldn't know it from these pictures, but she is usually so intense and pensive that it's a challenge to capture a smile. It didn't take long for me to make her laugh though by just getting down on her level and rolling in the grass with her. Her mom and grandma were surprised and very pleased that she was so happy during this session.



Bubbles really are a girl's best friend. Except when they spill on your dress, which happened shortly after this shot!


I love how intense she is for such a little girl.
This is another favorite... Her mom told her we were done, but when we turned around to leave, she plopped down in the grass for one last round of bubbles!  Thanks for stopping by!

Check out more great Sunday Snapshots at www.nihaoyall.com

Ni Hao Yall

1 comment:

  1. Oh, she is precious! I love that first shot too. There is something so adorable about little toddler legs (and sweet shoes)!

    ReplyDelete