Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Updates...

Whew. It's been a while.

I have no excuse to give other than I just gave up. I got tired of trying to think of something to say, of trying to find time to put a post together. And I am sorry. I would like to try to get back on the bandwagon here and get some posts going again! It's so much easier for me to keep up with other people's blogs and see what's going on in their lives than it is for me to make the conscious effort to update my own.

I'm the kind of person that much more enjoys listening in on a conversation without having to participate. It takes intentionality on my part to open up and let others see what's going on in my life. Really, that's what this blog is for. It's an exercise in the discipline of openness. And I haven't been very good at that discipline lately.

So, in the interest of openness, here's what's been going on since I stopped writing a few months ago.

  1. I had surgery. We found out that I had a large ovarian cyst that needed to be removed. I had never had surgery before (other than having my wisdom teeth out) and I hope I never have to again!! The surgery went well though, and other than a slow recovery and some small scars I wish I didn't have, I'm back to normal (well, normal for me anyway, which is probably still slightly off kilter)!
  2. We are working hard on our house. We have been outside pulling weeds every weekend to get the massive jungle that is our yard under control. We have also been updating decor on the inside- painting, sewing curtains, and all that jazz. There is a lot of work that still needs to be done, but I enjoy doing it so it's not so bad.
  3. I'm working on my photography skills. I have always wanted to learn more about shooting in Manual mode, and I'm not there quite yet, but at least I'm not shooting in automatic anymore! You might see some posts here in the future where I play around with taking pictures in different ways.
Well...that's pretty much it. If you made it to the end of that post and you didn't pluck your eyes out, congratulations! You win 3 gold stars! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment