Monday, March 19, 2012

The Missing Wallet

Linking with Linny for Memorial Box Monday!




This past Valentines Day, we were able to grab some tickets to a sold-out preview of a movie that would not come out for several weeks. My husband and I went together and we were so excited. There were tons of people in there, especially a lot of teenagers, and when I went to get food from the concession stand I had trouble juggling everything in my hands. My husband fished my purse out from under the seat and I dropped my wallet in. We finished the movie (it was great) and went home. 

The next day I stopped at Target on my way home from work to pick up a few things we needed and grab a baby shower present for my friend. I spent an hour and a half in the store trying to search through her registry and get all of the grocery items we needed. When I got to the checkout line, I went to grab my wallet out of my purse...and I came up empty handed. 

I panicked. That had so many things in it that would be tough to replace, not to mention the fact that if someone got a hold of my debit or credit card we would be in huge trouble on our tight budget!
I started racking my brain to figure out where I had lost it. There were so many places it could have fallen out of my purse! 

I decided the most likely place I lost it was work, but the most dangerous place I could have lost it was at the movies. I put my overflowing buggy in the clothes section of the store and raced for the movie theater, praying our loud the whole way. When I got there they ended up having to bring the manager out, but praise the Lord, he had my wallet in his hand! 

Someone found it, turned it in without even looking through it, and nothing was missing!! At this point, I decided I could either go back to Target and get my buggy or go home and try again another day. I figured that I didn't want to waste another whole evening at Target, so I raced back over there, praying that the employees hadn't re-stocked all the items in my cart. When I got back to Target, there was my buggy, sitting right where I left it, every single item in place. Not only that, this time around it was late enough in the evening that there were absolutely no lines at checkout!

This was the day that I learned to praise Him as the One who goes before me. He knew my need, even before I lost my wallet. He knew our tight budget and the cost we would face if the wrong person found my debit card. He knew that I needed those items in my buggy at Target that day. He was working everything out, even before I knew I had those needs. He is so GOOD to me!

2 comments:

  1. Great story of how God takes care of us! Thanks for sharing...
    Renee from the Knee Team and Linny's blog.
    www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to get everything back! He is good indeed!

    ReplyDelete