Friday, February 10, 2012

It Has Been Too Long

I'm back! I know some of you were probably wondering if I hit my head, got amnesia, and forgot who I was since it's been so long since I've posted! Well, the good news is...I don't have amnesia (even though I did come home to find that I put the peanut butter jar in the refrigerator yesterday).

The other good news is that at least I have something to show for all the time I was gone. What was I doing you ask? Well...since we own our house, we decided that it needed a little TLC. Especially in the yard. So we have been freezing, dripping wet, and peeling blisters for the last few weeks. BUT, we got a whole bunch of that junk cleaned out!!

 This before picture is a whole lot prettier than the after pictures. But that is mainly due to my lack of photography skills, and the fact that I just went out to take the after pictures and the sun is not really up yet.
Here is the view of our house from the street. Wait...where's the house?!?!

I promise the yard looks great in the spring when everything starts blooming. The lady who lived here before us was a master gardener. Unfortunately, the house sat empty for a while when she was put in a nursing home before we moved in.

So, because there is so much that is overgrown, we decided our best bet is to get rid of all of it and start from scratch. Some things we are keeping. Mainly the daffodils that are starting to come up and the lillies that are mixed in there with them. The larger trees we are also leaving, we have just cut most of them waaay back. 



The leaning birdhouses and the wrought iron benches are next on the list to go. I know some people like them but we are getting rid of them. Mainly because they are hard to mow around. Don't worry, the benches are going to a good home and we will get some hanging birdhouses because I do like birds.


 And here, is the lovely tree that you can't see very well due to my stinky iphone picture. Lets just say this tree will be beautiful (as long as it survives). At least, it better be beautiful for all the trouble it was!
I had to start the hole for it before my hubby got home because we were trying to get it in the ground before dark. That did not happen. While digging this hole (on a hill) my wheelbarrow full of dirt fell over and dumped all the dirt back into the hole. Not once, but twice. And to pour salt in the wound, three middle schoolers on bicycles saw the whole thing. And laughed. That was the beginning of my love/hate relationship with this pretty little tree.
It kinda looks like a pitiful charlie brown tree right now. But hopefully it will perk up a little.

Ok well that wasn't much to update you on, but at least you know I'm not a missing person! Hope you guys have a great weekend and I'll have a cool Memorial Stones story for you on Monday so check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment