Friday, January 27, 2012

Rest

I love that You let me come freely into your presence as Your daughter.

I love that You are my Daddy and even though you have the whole world to take care of, 
when I come in, You stop for me. 

I love when I can see in my mind's eye: You, sitting on Your throne...and me running in. 
I love imagining Your face light up because I am your beloved and you call me lovely. 

I love picturing myself snuggled up tight in your lap with 
face buried deep and hands clasped tightly around your neck. 

I love that You hold me there and whisper truth to my dry and weary soul. 

I love that when the world gets too scary, too stressful, too dark, You invite me to come and rest.



"Come unto Me all you who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28


1 comment:

  1. This post brings to mind two songs by Mandessa- "Truth About Me" and another one that I can't recall the title to...

    ReplyDelete