Monday, January 23, 2012

Ok, if you read down to my post with the goals I have for this blog, you would know that I am working on some sort of consistency with posting and also I'm working on having a theme for my Monday posts that in some way gives the glory back to my Maker! So today, I'm going with a story of how God has worked powerfully in my life when there is no way I could accomplish it on my own! If you want to know more about why, click over to the tab labeled "Memorial Stones," or go to www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com and read about her Memorial Box Mondays.


Several years ago while I was about to start my senior year of college, I felt that God was asking me to give up my summer plans for Him and work instead as a counselor at the camp I went to when I was a kid. I knew that going was going to mean giving up a larger amount of money that I could have made at another job. I knew that it would mean being hours away from my friends and the man I was madly in love with (who is now my handsome hubby!) But I also knew if that's where God wanted me then I didn't wanna miss out on that opportunity.


The end of the summer started approaching, and I realized I didn't have a job lined up for the beginning of the next semester, I didn't have a place to live, and I didn't have a roommate to help share the cost. I started to freak out. Then I started to ask God for what I needed. I was still very afraid, but I knew He hadn't let me down yet!


At this particular camp, we weren't allowed to have cell phones unless we were on breaks away from our campers. So not only did I have a long list of things I needed, I didn't have a way to call and line these things up unless I was on my break. My commitment to the camp ran up to a couple of days before classes started, so I knew I wouldn't have time to look for an apartment and roommates when I got back to school. At this point, I had called everyone I knew that was looking for a roommate at the beginning of the summer and no one had room left.


I was at the end of all I knew to do. And that's when God stepped in for me. I got a call out of the blue from a girl who already told me they didn't need a roommate. She found out that day that one of the girls had to move out and she wanted to know if I could move in. I happily told her yes and hung up the phone, praising the Lord. He had provided for me in one phone call: 2 roommates who already had an apartment (which made our cost lower and it meant they already had furniture!!).


I was so thrilled, until I wondered how I was going to pay for this awesome place. Surely they wouldn't let me live there for free!! Less than two weeks from that day, God provided me with a job that was more perfect than I could have planned for me. It worked perfectly with my school hours, paid great, and it let me be a nanny to the cutest girl in the world. 


Not only did God show up when there was nothing I could do on my own, He showed off! Go God!!


3 comments:

  1. Stopping over from Linny's blog~ great story of God's provision...Fantastic! www.myautumnyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved hearing how the Lord provided for your needs :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Simple Joy. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete