Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Conspicuous

First, let me start of by saying....
We are HOMEOWNERS!!!
This is Robby's excited face. Haha.

Ok, that has nothing to do with this post, I'm just really excited! 
Go God! 
On a serious note...


I have been thinking. A lot. About being conspicuous. 

I've been reading up on what it means to be a multi-racial family through adoption. God has really given me a burden for orphans in Africa, so I'm not sure if He is just calling me to care and pray for African orphans, or if one day we will get to adopt from there! In the meantime, I have been reading blogs and books and anything I can get my hands on that talks about adoption from Africa. 

Let me preface my next words by saying that adoption is a wonderful thing and it's close to God's heart. That does not mean that it's easy. 

To have a multi-racial family is to be conspicuous. You are no longer another face in the crowd, you will draw curious eyes and rude comments. You will be watched. On good days and bad. You would have no privacy.

And privacy is that which I held most dear. Until He asked me to blog. Until He reached for my most hidden and asked to make it most obvious. And it occurs to me, that the One who plans my steps; deliberately and purposefully, is placing me in boot camp. This blog, this first step, is a small sacrifice of privacy that is preparation.

Because the more you sweat in training, 
the less you bleed in battle. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good words to ponder & I love the quote at the end! I was just talking to one of my sisters about this very topic... May you march continually to the One who calls and prepares the way before each step.

    ReplyDelete